DWI checkpoint in Calcasieu Parish on March 3 | Crime
The area state police troop continues efforts Saturday, March 3, to get drunken drivers off the streets.
A DWI checkpoint will be set up from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. at an undisclosed located in Calcasieu Parish.
"Our mission is to remove impaired drivers from the road before they cause injury or death to themselves or others," said Sgt. James Anderson of the state police public affairs unit.
The motoring public can help by reporting impaired drivers. Call *LSP (*577) from cellular phones or contact a local law enforcement agency.
Last year, Troop D investigated 18 fatal crashes resulting in 20 fatalities. Of those 20 fatalities, 10 were killed by drivers impaired by alcohol and/or drug). Motorists are asked to designate a sober driver before heading out.
Copyright 2012 KPLC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Southwest Louisiana National Wildlife Refuge offices closed Memorial Day weekend
- LDWF: Price Lake Road closed for renovations to Rockefeller Wildlife Refuge
- Shrimpers learn new technology, ways to save money
- Cameron Prairie, Sabine, Lacassine wildlife refuges open March 15-Oct. 15
- Cameron Ferry No. 2 suspends operation for March 9